UPDATE: The giveaway of all three Ada’s House novels has ended. Thank you to everyone who participated. The winner is Megan D. Congratulations, Megan!
Hello, dear reader friends!
First, I would like to announce the results of last week’s contest. I chose the winner using Random.org, and that winner is Sher Bowersox. Congratulations, Sher! She has won an autographed copy of Sherry Gore’s cookbook, A Taste of Pinecraft. Thank you to all who participated in this giveaway!
I have something a little different planned for today’s post. I would like to tell you about a new type of fun social network I’m getting involved with.
I joined Goodreads.com not too long ago, and since then I’ve been getting acquainted with the format. If you’re unfamiliar with the site, it is something like a large, online book club. You rate the books you have read, and the site uses those ratings to recommend new books to you. In addition, you can add people to your friends list and see what they’re reading and how they rate each book. There are also quizzes, groups, giveaways, and a lot of other fun things to enjoy.
As an author, I am really excited about this website. I think it will be a wonderful opportunity to create some different ways to connect with readers and book lovers. If you’re already on Goodreads, I’d love for you to rate my books and then fan or friend me (or both!). If you’re not on Goodreads, I hope you’ll check out the site. If you enjoy reading, I think you may love this site.
A sneak peek into what I have planned on Goodreads:
- Reviews. I’ll change the individual pages on my website for each book to include a button to allow you to add the book to one of your Goodreads shelves directly from my site. You will also be able to read the reviews posted on Goodreads on the same page.
- Discussion questions. In the past, some of you have asked for discussion questions for your book clubs. I plan to post a few questions for each of my books that we can all discuss together online. I think it will be a lot of fun.
- Trivia. How would you like to try your hand at a little Amish trivia or trivia on my books?
- Q&A groups. More to come on this later. 🙂
- More giveaways! Goodreads has a giveaway program called Firstreads. I plan to participate in this program in the future. I’ll let you know through my blog and Facebook when I enter one of my books.
These are just some ideas, and if you have others, please share them. Have I enticed anyone to join me on Goodreads? 😉 I hope so! At this point, I’m in the planning and building stages, and I’ve not yet posted most of this on Goodreads or the corresponding pages on my website. I’ll make announcements when things such as the discussion questions or Q&A groups become available.
If you would like to send me a friend request on Goodreads and/or become a fan of my books, please click here.
As a kickoff celebration, I’m going to give away autographed copies of the three-book set of Ada’s House novels–The Hope of Refuge, The Bridge of Peace, and The Harvest of Grace. The set will go to one winner, who will be chosen using Random.org.
To enter the contest, simply leave a comment at the bottom of this post on my website.
If you are reading this anywhere other than my website, such as on Facebook, in an email, or on Goodreads, please hop on over to my website and leave a comment at the bottom of my post to enter the giveaway. Only comments left on my website will be entered into the giveaway. (It’s just too hard to track down all the comments left in various places, and that means it’s too easy to miss some of the comments.)
The deadline for this contest is Friday, March 30, 2012. The winner will be contacted privately, as well as announced on next Monday’s post.