While staying with my Amish friends, I needed to get to a book signing at an Amish country store, but all the “Englischer” drivers had been hired out for the day. So we hitched a horse to a carriage on a cold and rainy day. I thought you might enjoy the clopping sound and snippets of scenery.
For those of you reading from Amazon.com, here’s a link to the video on YouTube.
I love having contests! I’ve already met a lot of new people through the latest one! Contests are such a great way to connect with readers and add a little zing to a quiet day. With that in mind, I’m giving away another Amish-made quilt! See details below, but PLEASE follow the directions. I’m sorry, but e-mailing me through Facebook or posting a comment on my Web site or on Facebook will not enter you into this contest. You will need to follow the instructions below. Thank you! 🙂
I’m running a very special contest that will only last until February 15.
The prize is an Amish-made quilt! (See photo above) This quilt was sewn by Anna, who is the daughter of a bishop. She’s signed and dated the quilt.
This special contest is for anyone who becomes a Cindy Woodsmall Facebook friend or fan. You are welcome to join either. You can let your friends and family know so they can participate, too.
Are you already a friend or fan of mine on Facebook? I appreciate you so much and want you to join the contest, too. Just check out #2 on the entrance guidelines below.
Here’s how to enter:
- Become a Facebook friend or fan. OR
- If you are already a fan or friend, get one other person you know to join as a friend or fan. THEN…
- After you become a Facebook friend or fan (or have recruited someone else), send a blank e-mail.
- Place the words “Facebook Contest” in the subject line. If you’ve recruited someone else, put their name in the subject line as well.
- Send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You may only submit ONE entry for this contest. But please feel free to tell your friends and family about it, too.
This contest is open to residents of the continental United States and Canada.
The last five winners of an autographed copy of The Sound of Sleigh Bells for 2009 are:
Mary of Lewistown, Michigan
Beth of Floissant, Missouri
Marilyn of Ashland, Kentucky
Lois of Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
Sheryl of O’Fallon, Illinois