The 2013 Amish-made Quilt Giveaway is now open!
Each year some of our Old Order Amish friends have a school sale/auction on their property. The money earned through this event goes to benefit their community’s school. These events are where I purchase Amish-made quilts and wall hangings to give away.
The aromas, sights, and sounds of an Amish school sale are only one piece of the authentic Amish culture captured in The Hope of Refuge.
- 2012 winner ~ Sharon Dummitt of Mansfield, Ohio
- 2011 winner ~ Janet Estridge of Lakeland, Florida
- 2010 winner ~ Susie Lancaster of Joshua, Texas
- 2009 winner ~ Kelly Beaver of Warren, Michigan
- 2008 winner ~ Nedra Wright of Lawrenceburg, Tennessee
- 2007 winner ~ April R. of Temecula, California
I love offering this Amish-made Quilt Giveaway each year, but we all know there must be rules. So here they are.
- Only one entry per person. Your spouse may enter in addition to you, but the e-mail address must be different from the original or the system will not accept the entry. (Please see * below)
- You must be 18 years of age or older to enter the contest.
- If you are chosen as the winner, you must be willing to have your full name, city, and state listed in various places such as my Web site, Facebook, newsletter, and blog.
- The winner must be a resident of the United States. (This rule is different than in past years, and it’s based on legal advice. It seems that the laws governing contests to other countries is wide, varied, and complicated. I’m really sorry.)
- The winner will be contacted via e-mail, so you’ll need to keep the same e-mail address throughout the year. If you change e-mail addresses after entering the contest, please contact me, and I’ll help you know what to do. If I draw a winner and that e-mail address doesn’t work, I will draw another winner.
- After a winner is chosen and the notification is sent, the winner will have 21 days to respond before a new winner is chosen. I’ll send three notices to the winner during that 21-day period.
- The contest will close at midnight on December 31, 2013. A winner will be notified on or near January 15, 2014. The winner will be announced as soon as possible afterward.
* In addition to signing up for the quilt giveaway, you’ll also be subscribed to my quarterly newsletter. The newsletter is a super easy way to keep up with book release dates, book signings, and other contests. It goes out about four times per year and you can unsubscribe anytime. If you’re using your spouses e-mail address to sign up, you should let them know this part Thanks!